Sunday, May 18, 2008

ATO becomes CAAP

Supposedly, effective May 1st, 2008, the Air Transportation Office became the CAAP which I believe stands for the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.

I see this as a very positive move, the biggest problem the ATO had was resources. This directly equates to money. As the ATO, they were funded by a budget form Consolidated revenue and all actual revenue went back to the central coffers. As the CAAP, we expect that the revenue will be retained within CAAP to use for developing the system here in the Philippines.

Was talking to a friend of mine last night and he told me that the New Regulations were available for download from the ATO web site, alas, I went there this morning and it is GONE! (the web site I mean) Hopefully it is undergoing routine maintenance and will be back.

From my friends brief reading, he noted a lot of changes. Possibly, juts possibly, the type rating system will be GONE!!! HOORAY!!!!

Could they have also allowed an Experimental Class of Aircraft??

The actual implementation remains to be seen but lets keep our fingers crossed!

Will keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment